THE VERY IDEA : Unlocking The Power Of Idea EconomicsDavid Wethey
LIKE NEW, PAPERBACK
A New Belief & Value System Called “Idea Economics” That Emphasizes The Importance Of Ideas & How They Are The Source Of All Progress, Growth And Change
1 in stock
- Detail Description
The Very Idea is two books in one. It introduces a new belief and value system, which Wethey calls ‘Idea Economics’. The book was written to encourage everyone to come up with and develop ideas capable of solving the toughest problems, and open up the most exciting opportunities.
In The Very Idea, leading business author and creative guru David Wethey is critical of how so many workplaces suppress creativity, and do little to stimulate and incentivise idea generation and invention. That urgently needs to change with the Future of Jobs report saying that the three most important individual skills are now Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking and Creativity.
This book explores the concept of “idea economics” and the central role that ideas play in driving innovation, growth, and success in business and various fields. Wethey shows you how to stimulate idea generation, and harness the power of those ideas for both individual and organisational success.
“Idea Economics” recognises the crucial role played by ideas in corporate and personal success. It truly is ideas, and not money, that make the world go around. But it is so many people’s lot in the workplace to put up with a repetitive and transactional existence. He is worried that this situation could deteriorate still further, with robots threatening hundreds of thousands of executive jobs. Idea heroes – workers who are prolific idea generators and skilled developers of other people’s ideas – are best placed not just to survive in the new world, but flourish. They will also have far more fun!
All of us – not just ‘creatives’ and ‘experts’ – have the ability to come up with ideas. Some ideas are the product of our lively imagination. Most successful ideas come from the powerful connections we make between new thoughts, ‘inspirations’, knowledge and experience. Wethey gives priceless tips on using your Idea Brain to come up with valuable ideas that can be developed with colleagues and in teams.
Wethey claims that ideas are the source of all progress, growth and change, and he places them at the centre of their own ecosystem, which he calls ‘Idea Economics’. In The Very Idea you will find numerous examples of the maths we can use to make ideas more valuable, and behind the scenes stories about ideas that really changed the game.
Key themes and concepts covered in the book include:
● Idea Economics: Wethey introduces the idea of “idea economics” as a framework for understanding the value and impact of ideas in today’s economy. He explores how ideas are the currency of progress and development.
● Innovation and Creativity: The book discusses the importance of fostering a culture of innovation and creativity within organizations. He provides insights on how businesses can harness the power of ideas to drive growth and adapt to change.
● Case Studies: Wethey likely includes real-world case studies and examples to illustrate how companies and individuals have leveraged the power of ideas to achieve success and solve complex challenges.
● Idea Generation: It may offer practical strategies for generating, developing, and implementing innovative ideas in various aspects of business and life.
● Collaboration and Communication: Effective collaboration and communication are key elements of idea economics. Wethey explores how teams and organizations can work together to share and develop ideas.
● Adaptation and Resilience: In a rapidly changing world, the ability to adapt and innovate is essential. The book likely discusses how the concept of idea economics can contribute to an organization’s resilience and long-term success.
“The Very Idea” is likely a thought-provoking book for professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals interested in understanding the pivotal role that ideas play in driving progress and success. Therefore , it is a must-read for those interested in unlocking the power of ideas and understanding how to stimulate idea generation and invention.
About the Author :
David Wethey is an author and writer from Alvechurch, Worcestershire. He founded Agency Assessments International (AAI) in 1988 and has undertaken projects in more than 40 countries. In 2008 he was awarded an Honorary Fellowship by the IPA for services to the Client/Agency Relationship. David is the bestselling author of Decide, published in 2013 and Mote, published by Urbane in 2016. Mote was shortlisted for the CMI Book of the Year Award in 2016.
Bestsellers, Books, Business / Economics / Leadership / Management / Marketing / Project Management / Crisis Management, Finance / Investment / Financial Planning / Actuary / Financial Crisis, Non-Fiction, Self Help / Motivation / Spiritual / Religion / Career Development
UNSHAKEABLE : Your Financial Freedom PlaybookTony Robbins
LIKE NEW, PAPERBACK
LIKE NEW, PAPERBACK
2 in stock
Autobiography / Biography / Memoirs, Books, Non-Fiction, Politics / Geopolitics / Scandal / Social Science / Legal & Law / Gender Feminism / Philanthropy, Self Help / Motivation / Spiritual / Religion / Career Development
SVEN: My StorySven-Göran Eriksson
WELL USED, PAPERBACK
1 in stock
Action-Packed / Crime / Conspiracy / Spy / Psychology / Horror / Paranormal / Dystopian / Mystery, Books, Epic Fantasy / Animal Fantasy / Wizard /Gothic / Dark Humor / Science Fiction, Fiction
ANNIHILATION : A Novel (The Southern Reach Trilogy # 1)Jeff Vandermeer
BRAND NEW, PAPERBACK RM20.00
Out of stock